For those of you like me who don’t love being front and center but still like being involved in making stuff look amazing, below is a list of jobs I would love some help with for the carols stage design this year.
If you think you would like to help out with any of them, please let me know – you can email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or send me a message on Facebook
To be completed at least a week or two before carols:
- Sewing – There are a couple of big square pieces of red fabric that need to be cut in half and then sewed together to make long strips so they can be used in the backdrop on stage. (1 Person)
- Painting many boxes to look like packages that would get sent in the mail. This would be a working bee type activity so I will sort out a suitable day with all those who are keen. (The more the merrier and the quicker it will get done)
Bump in – The week before Carols (4th-6th Dec):
Ideally before Wednesday afternoon so that we know its all sorted before the weekend. Tech run is generally Wednesday night.
- Hang the stage backdrops (up high using the scaffold). Must be done by the Wednesday night tech run. (1-2 people)
- Move Heavy Things – Move the stage risers from the hall (the kids church stage) up onto the main stage. This would happen once the backdrops are in place so it can be the same people. Must be done before the Wednesday night tech run. (1-2 people)
- Decorating the Auditorium. This may include standing on a ladder. (2-4 people)
Has to be done before the next Sunday, so anytime during that week.
- Move Heavy Things – Move stage risers back to the hall (1-2 people)
Between Christmas Day and New Years
- All the Christmas decorations need to be taken down.
- Take down back drops – Using scaffolding (1-2 People)
- Removing / packing away decorations from auditorium & foyer (2-3 people)
Thank you in advance for you help!