Everyone has a next step to take: what’s yours?
What step forward might you take as a follower of Jesus? What step might you take to grow to maturity in Jesus? Everyone has a key next step to take on our journey following Jesus.
What is that next step for you?
In 1 Corinthians we learn that every one of us has a part to play:
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. – 1 Corinthians 12:27
As we turn to Luke’s Gospel in 2018 in our ‘The Way Home’ series, we’ll hear Jesus picture ‘playing our part’ as walking a path following him. We’re called to a journey which is the same journey Jesus walked:
Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. – Luke 9:23
The New Testament is rich with this imagery of the Christian life as a walk – step by step growing to maturity in the Christian life – walking in the steps of Jesus, keeping in step with the Spirit:
To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps. – 1 Peter 2:21
Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. – Galatians 5:21
At Living Church, our vision to ‘Reach the City and Reach the World’ is all about making Jesus’ invitation real in our own lives as we invite others to join us on the journey following him. We don’t just ‘attend’ church. We certainly aren’t just ‘consumers’ of Jesus. We are followers of Jesus, walking in his steps. We learn from his journey to the cross, graciously saving us, what stepping forward in love looks like.
We pray that we can take a huge step forward in our vision. This step as a church will best happen if every one of us, together, take at least one small step forward. We are better together. And when a whole church steps forward together as followers of Jesus, big things can happen by God’s grace. Big things in your personal growth. Big things in our growth together. Make it your goal this year to take a step forward in following Jesus.
Everyone has a next step they can take. What’s yours?
- Joining Elvanto – getting connected with communication at Creek Road.
- Joining your Campus Facebook Group – to connect with the life of our church community.
- Downloading the Creek Road App – to follow ‘Grow Daily’ and other Series resources.
- Meeting with someone to find out how to become a Christian.
- Stepping forward to be baptised as a follower of Jesus.
- Being part of a Connect In (Morning Tea or Lunch) – to really start connecting.
- Joining a Growth Group – the key way we care for each other.
- Joining a Ministry Team – the key way we serve together.
- Becoming a Ministry Partner (Member).
- Starting to give – or increasing your giving to our gospel ministry.
- Joining our Grow Daily Writing Team.
- Stepping forward to be trained for more intense ministry involvement.
- Making the most of opportunities to ask friends and family to church.